We read in Genesis 2:2 that “…on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.”
It’s Sunday. Popularly observed as The Sabbath Day in remembrance of God resting after his labors of the Creation.
So what am I doing? Not resting.
I have a ton of homework to catch up on. Yet here I am, writing a blog post.
But with good reason. I’m trying to give myself advice. I need to take some advice from God. Even if you aren’t religious or even if you don’t believe in God, this is good advice.
It is important to take a break.
- Turn off the TV.
- Turn off the Facebook.
- Go take a drive with the family.
- If you do go to church, come home and discuss what you learned with your family.
- If you don’t go to church, find a church.
- Take some time to meditate. At least an hour.
- Go visit someone you haven’t seen in a while.
- Read a book.
You will find that things go much better for you throughout the rest of the week.
Now I need to go take my own advice.
After I finish my homework.