I have been reading Chris Anderson’s “Free.”
I am loving it.
It is very informational and exceptionally insightful.
As I was reading it I had an idea, and I am going to give it to you for FREE.
Here it is, I hope someone takes this idea and runs with it.
- Get some investors to invest some of their hard earned $$$.
- Build (or purchase) a movie theatre.
- You won’t need to focus on fancy stadium seating or anything like that.
- You GIVE the popcorn away to everyone. That’s right everyone.
- Every ticket stub comes with a coupon for a free medium popcorn. Not small, medium.
I don’t really feel like elaborating on why this is such a genius idea, but I will.
- Everyone goes through your concession line.
- People will be more prone to purchase other items: candy, soda, hot dogs.
- The lines for the concessions will be longer, so you have ads playing on monitors located in the lines. Not just up on the walls.
- More people will come to your theatre because you have free popcorn.
Why does this make sense? Because everyone knows that a 20 ounce serving of popcorn is NOT worth $5.00. It isn’t even worth 5 cents.
Your investment into this is minimal, but the returns will be extraordinary.
I truly hope someone does this.
By the way, I hate popcorn.